• Torrechiara
  • Bardi
  • Colorno
  • Compiano
  • Felino
  • Fontanellato
  • Montechiarugolo
  • Soragna
  • San Secondo
  • Varano-Melegari
  • Castle of Compiano


    Situated in the district of Compiano (72 km from Parma). Open from April to June at weekends and holidays from 2.30p.m. to 6.30p.m. For information ring (0525-825541).
    It was presumably constructed during the XV Century, it belonged to the Malaspina and then to the Landi family, who in 1532 made it the centre of their state power.

    The castle's decline coincided with the arrival of the Farnese who became the owners in 1682.

    During the last century it was first transformed into a prison of the 'Ducato di Parma', then adapted to become the home of a woman's college. The decorations describe the tastes of its many owners of the various eras.

    The last proprietor was the marchesa Gambarotta, she died in 1987 leaving it to the Town Hall which has partially opened it to the public, complete with furniture and a precious collection of art objects.

    Home | Parma is... | Shopping | info@parmaitaly.com

    Produced by ParmaItaly.com